Skilled trades are in high demand in Ontario. Therefore, getting a degree or certification from a reputable skilled trades school can significantly increase your job prospects. In this article we will cover 5 of the best and in demand Trades and Trade Schools in Ontario.
Skilled Trade Schools In Ontario:
- George Brown College – Toronto George Brown College is one of the most known skilled trades schools in Ontario. They offer a range of programs in different trades, including electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. Their programs have a strong emphasis on hands-on experience, and students can obtain certifications that are recognized by several industry associations.
- Conestoga College – Kitchener Conestoga College offers programs in skilled trades such as welding, construction, and automotive technology. The partnerships they have with industry associations and companies, allow their graduates to have an edge in the job market.
- Mohawk College – Hamilton Mohawk College offers programs in skilled trades such as construction, welding, and electrical. Their programs are designed to meet the needs of the current job market and offer practical experience through co-op placements.
- Sheridan College – Brampton Sheridan College offers programs in trades such as plumbing, electrical, and welding. Their programs are designed to meet the needs of the current job market and offer practical experience through co-op placements.
- Centennial College – Toronto Centennial College offers programs in trades such as construction, plumbing, and automotive technology. Their programs have a strong focus on practical experience, and their graduates are highly sought after by employers.
Here are some of the skilled trades that are currently in high demand in Ontario:
Electricians are in high demand in Ontario, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. With the increasing emphasis on renewable energy sources, electricians who specialize in solar and wind power installations are particularly in demand.
Plumbers are also in high demand in Ontario, particularly those with experience in green technologies such as rainwater harvesting and water-efficient plumbing systems.
Welders are in high demand in Ontario and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. Industries, including construction, manufacturing, and aerospace need welders. Additionally, welders who specializing in robotics and automation are in particularly high demand.
The world is increasing its emphasis on energy efficiency. Therefore, HVAC technicians who specialize in installing and maintaining energy-efficient heating and cooling systems are in high demand.
Carpenters are in high demand in Ontario, particularly those with experience in green building technologies such as passive solar design and sustainable building materials.
Overall, getting a degree or cert from a reputable skilled trades school can significantly increase your job chances in Ontario. With the demand for skilled trades expected to increase in the coming years, now is a great time to consider a career in the trades.